Geared toward parents, teachers, pediatric professionals and yoga professionals, our 3-day introductory workshop teaches the nuts and bolts of kids’ yoga. Learn essential skills to confidently create engaging, age-appropriate yoga lessons, games and activities to benefit kids and youth aged 2-21:
- Explore the Benefits of Yoga for Kids and Teens
- Identify Appropriate Practices to Support Each Developmental Stage
- Yoga in a Pediatric Setting – Keeping it Safe, Non-Competitive, and FUN!
- Sequencing, Formatting and Pacing Your Classes – For Every Age
- Learn to Share Yoga Through Play, Dance, Song, Storytelling and Popular Children’s Themes
- Thinking Outside of the Box – Creative and Educational Yoga Classes
- Props, Props and more Props! – What Props Work Well and Why?
- Music, Art and Crafts – Engaging and Beneficial to Health and Development
- Games to Provide Essential Building Blocks and Life-Skills
- Yoga on the Go – Adapt Yoga to a Variety of Settings, Including a Crowded Classroom
- Classroom Yoga – Simple Techniques to Keep Students Fresh, Focused and Fabulous!
- Benefits of Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation Breaks for Kids and Teens
- Teach Breathing Techniques to Kids and Teens Through Play and Fun Activities
- Centering and Mindfulness for Kids – Essential Skills to Self-Regulate Reactions and Emotions
- Chillax – Meditation and Relaxation Designed for Kids
- YOU – Essential Practices to Center and Be Fully Present When Working with Children
- Getting Started – The Nuts and Bolts of Kids Yoga