Join the Team at Parenting Resources!
Do you love babies, kids, and have a passion for bettering the lives of families? Are you an independent self-starter who is looking for part time flexibility? We're looking for members for our team!
We welcome folks from all walks of life and are equal opportunity employers!
What is it like working at Parenting Resources?
We are a mother/daughter owned for profit parent community and child enrichment center. Our customers all know each other by name and we all keep an eye out for one another. We welcome parents from all walks of life and embrace everyone that walks through our doors. People who work here love the clients that they work with, whether that's babies, kids, parents, or professionals.
We only hire the best folks who are friendly, experienced, and who can be self sufficient in their work. We don't like to micro manage and we want you to feel that your position, class, or role is your own and that you can make it awesome and fulfill your vision for it. We love ideas, initiative, and for our team to think outside of the box. We love folks who think big and want to try new things and help build up this very special community.
How do I know if Parenting Resources is a good fit for me?
We encourage you to look around our website. Check out our Facebook. Come by for a tour. See if this seems like a place you can see yourself working in. If you have questions about our programming, questions, or positions, we're happy to answer them at your interview!
If this sounds like your kind of place, we want to hear from you!
To apply for any of these positions, please BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO 3801 WYOMING STREET. Calls and emails will be deleted.
1.) Cover Letter
3.) Your work schedule availability (can be referenced in your cover letter or email)
4.) At least 3 PROFESSIONAL references
We will then contact you if we are interested in setting up a formal interview. If you're not a good fit now, we'll keep your info on file and contact you if something opens in the future.
Thank you for your interest in working with Parenting Resources!
-Kate and Kathy, Owners
Now Hiring: Preschool Summer Camp Lead Teacher
Parenting Resources is currently hiring Summer Camp Teacher for our Play & Learn Preschool Summer Camp. Our Summer Camp is a very small drop off camp, with 10 total campers, for potty trained 3-6 year olds that is heavily play-based, while also starting to prepare children for preschool with short, fun, learning activities, exploratory activities, games, weekly learning themes, and more.
We are seeking a responsible, outgoing, friendly, timely, independent, self- starter who is able to develop and manage a small drop off class with ages 3-6. The Lead Teacher will have one Teacher's Assistant
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30-1:30, running June 4-29, and July 9-August 3
- Planning and preparation time prior to camp start week
- Quarterly team meetings
- Meetings with Owners, as needed
Traits and Experience Desired:
- Degree or certification in teaching or early childhood
- Experience in teaching preschool or young elementary aged children
- Timely and responsible
- Flexible and laid back
- Friendly, welcoming, and able to mingle with members and prospective members
- Fun loving and able to interact with babies, small children, and parents
- Culturally competent and inclusive, as our clientele is diverse in race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family make up, and parenting style
- Ability to be communicative with Parenting Resources supervisors, other team members, and parents of summer camp attendees
- Love of the outdoors and willingness to run classes outdoors in our garden, especially during peak times inside
- Willingness to plan small walking field trips within the tower grove neighborhood
Expected Tasks May Include:
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, neighborhood walking field trips, park visits, nature, songs, games, literacy, gross motor, fine motor, walking park trips, holiday celebrations
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues through Parenting Resources positive system
- Straightening up after students after class, both inside and outside
- May have some basic center staff tasks such as tidying, organizing, picking up, and assisting with tasks set forth by the owners
- Providing exemplary customer service to current and prospective members, parents, and others
- Processing payments, paperwork, waivers, and other documentation as needed
- Keeping daily logs of activities, incidents, progress, etc.
- Provide weekly report to Owners
- Working within set budget
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the center
- Direct camp volunteers or assistants
- Understanding of crowd control during peak times within the center
- Upon hire, indepandant completion of First Aid and CPR certification.
- Clear background check and completion of fingerprinting screening
- Passing drug test result
- Completion of Parenting Resources provided classes in positive discipline
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Basic ability to use computers and tablets
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, walking, hiking, building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
- Must have the ability to restrain and physically support children when needed for safety in general camp activities (child weighing 50 - 200 pounds).
Pay & Benefits:
Pay is negotiable based on experience. No insurance benefits are offered at this time.
Play & Learn Club Membership is included, if you have children
Due to the nature of this position, it is not a bring your child to work position.
Want to teach your awesome class with us?
We're always down to hear about local instructors who teach parents, babies, toddlers, and preschoolers and we're always looking for new classes to bring aboard for our members and we even rent our space out to instructors if you want to do your own thing.
Email us with info about your class and we'll chat!.