Parenting Resources is currently hiring a Yoga Instructor! We are seeking a responsible, outgoing, friendly, timely, self- starter who is able to manage one or two of our very unique classes with new Moms, older infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The class may be with caregivers present and/or drop-off.
WARNING: Our classes are not your typical yoga classes. At all. You must be flexible, fun loving, and laid back- our. Our classes tend to be a little loud, and may have kids running and climbing things during class. If you can't see yourself laughing at a kiddo dancing in the middle of your class, or a Mom changing a diaper while you're teaching, then this job is probably not a great fit.
- One weekday afternoon Baby & Me Yoga Class
- One weekday morning You Yoga, They Play! Class
- Quarterly team meetings required
- Occasional special events, as needed
Traits and Experience Desired:
- Experienced in teaching yoga
- Experience in working with families, babies, small children, or Moms
- Timely and responsible
- Ability to put new Moms at ease and meet them where they're all physically and emotionally
- Basic ability to use computers and tablets
- Desire to build and grow your class
- Friendly, welcoming, and able to mingle with members and prospective members
- Fun loving and able to interact with babies and small children
- Culturally competent and inclusive, as our clientele is diverse in race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family make up, and parenting style
Expected Tasks May Include:
- Planning and execution of yoga classes
- Straightening up after students after class
- Arriving at least 15 minutes before class for set up and staying until students leave, if applicable
- May have some basic center opening or closing tasks, depending on class time
- Providing exemplary customer service to current and prospective members
- Building and growing your class to increase attendance
- Processing payments and memberships as needed
Pay & Benefits:
Pay is $20 per class. No insurance benefits are offered at this time.
This is a subcontracted position
Play & Learn Club Membership is included, if you have children
This may be a bring your child to work position, if applicable, dependent on the applicant and ability to manage the challenge of running a class with their child present. This can be discussed in further detail at interview.